Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2006 E90 Engine Bonnet Seal

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Zahnarzt, Apr 1, 2014.

Zahnarzt

For whatever reason, parts of my 2006 E90 330xi's engine bonnet seal around the driver's side headlight went missing a while ago. Now, any time it rains hard or I wash the car, the driver's side headlight bubble fogs up and even forms condensation. Attempts to obtain a replacement part have failed due to the original part being discontinued, superseded by a new part. The problem is that the new part does not fit. The seal needs to make a few right angle bends. The original part had the bends in the appropriate places by way of joint glued in place at the factory. The new part comes in one big length, and it does not want to bend much at all. Has anyone been able to melt this thing or cut and use some sort of waterproof tape to get the job done? Any other suggestions?

See attached images of the correct side vs. the incorrect side (passenger vs. driver).

Thanks in advance!
    E90.engine.bonnet.seal.4.JPG E90.engine.bonnet.seal.2.JPG E90.engine.bonnet.seal.1.JPG

MGarrison

I guess I'd try ebay or bavarian auto recyclers for it.

charlson89

Have you checked the part number with real oem to make sure you got the right part?