Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2006 650I Coupe, 77,000 miles

Discussion in 'E63/E64 (2004-2010)' started by risan, Jan 5, 2024.

risan

I just purchased this coupe and it rides great. Issue is whether to take it to BMW dealer or private BMW mechanic. Vehicle purchased without any inspection by a mechanic.

Clean CarFax, no accidents, two owners, and valve gaskets replaced at 72,000 miles. No additional service records. I have not taken vehicle to dealer or private mechanic for any service.

A specialty BMW private company did the valve gasket repair.

Should I take it there for service or just go to the dealer, where I'll get a "complimentary inspection" that will document what the car allegedly needs.

Advice is appreciated as this car is an "extra" car so we don't want to put alot of money into it.

Thanks.

MGarrison

With nothing else to go on, I suppose I'd look at any recent positive and negative reviews you can find, google reviews or otherwise, and make a judgment between the indy or dealer route. After that, I guess it's up to whatever budget you want to allocate to the car for whatever issues it may have - hopefully, as always & with any luck - not many!