Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2003 530i DSC

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by andegre, Apr 4, 2008.

andegre guest

Question, started raining on me yesterday while driving and I came to a busy intersection that I knew I would need to accelerate hard to find an opening between cars. Before pulling out, I turned the DSC off (makes the light go on on the dash), and then hammered on it to get between two cars. Well, when I hammered on it, I was turning left to get on the road, and the inside rear tire just started spinning. Obviously, with the DSC activated, it would have stopped that inside tire from spinning, but that annoying sound of it kicking-in I do not like.

DSC: I know in some other models, holding down the DSC for 10+ seconds will activate a different setting of DSC. Does this model have that feature? Is there a feature where it will set it to posi-track? I'm just not a fan of one tire spinning because it has less resistance...

Thanks,

GregS_WI guest

Yes, I believe so. If memory serves, the light will blink then the only thing 'big brother' will do is anti-lock braking.

You need an LSD for that. Plenty of people get the M5 LSD to work in their 540's, but I don't know about any other models (530, 525, etc.)