Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

1991 E30 318is Exhaust

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by 282300, Aug 5, 2018.

282300 guest

What up party people? Recently stumbled into a 91 318is. Its a 2 owner car originating out of the local BMW dealer here. Significant mechanical needs including exhaust. Looking for recommendations for the exhaust. When I had my E30 M3 I went with OEM but I'd like something a little throatier with twin pipes as opposed to the single outlet. Thanks in advance!!
    [IMG]

[IMG] Edit Post [IMG] Reply [IMG] Reply With Quote [IMG]

Attached Files:

MGarrison

Although it goes back awhile, many have posted in the past they found the Billy-Boat exhausts too loud and ditched 'em. My last two have been Supersprint - didn't opt for stainless on the first one, but it did last a long time, rusted out eventually. Stainless supersprint now - supersprint is on the quieter side of the E30 performance muffler spectrum, expensive, but well made, excellent fit & finish, tone is good as far as I'm concerned, don't need an exhaust I have to shout over. Other options would be a Sebring (I found an australia website, would have to find somebody who sells it stateside or contact them), saw somebody post Remus & Sebring are same manufacturer, don't know if that's true or not. In any case, Remus might be an option, Stromung for another... Scorpion...

My familiarity is with 6-cyl., there may be less aftermarket choices for your engine, I don't know if the diff. motor means different muffler specs. I'm guessing realoem.com would show different part numbers for mufflers for M20 or M42 engines...

282300 guest

Thanks! I appreciate it!