Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

1984 633csi

Discussion in 'E24 (1977-1989)' started by bogus chinchilla, Dec 15, 2020.

bogus chinchilla

I recently purchased a 1984 633csi(E24 M30) that was featured in the 'Barn Find Hunter' Hagerty channel Ep. 70 (at 37:57). It sat it unused in a bldg for 20 years prior to being sold. It was purchased from the original owner (deceased) by the dealer in the video who sold it to a secondary buyer who I bought it from in Roanoke, Va; neither of these two previous owners used it. The water pump was replaced as well as the injector for #1 cylinder, fuel pump and fuel filter. I then drove it to GA. Wow, how fun. But after driving it around a bit in GA, it was stalling for no reason then starting again, I realized that the gas tank was probably full of crud and rust. And it is. I'm am going to remove the gas tank, clean it and coat it to prevent future fuel system contamination then see how it runs or what else is needed. Is there anyone out there that can give me some guidance as to how to remove the gas tank?