Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

12v Accessory Power Fuse Tap

Discussion in 'E85 Z4 (2002-2008)' started by kippintranet, Jan 19, 2012.

kippintranet

I am installing a set of gauges (oil pressure, oil temp, and water temp) in my 2004 E85 Z. Each gauge draws about 2ma. There is no fuse #27 for fold-in mirrors (do not have the accessory). Using a fuse tap (see link below) and a circuit tester, I have determined that it is accessory hot (ignition must be on). Specifically, what I need. Will be using a 1.5a fuse to power the gauges.

I have read a lot about the sensitivity of the onboard computer, and have experienced the lamp warning light when I did not use a 21watt turn signal replacement bulb.

Has anyone used #27 to power an accessory (i.e. radar detector, satellite radio, etc.)? Any downside or potential problems? Thanks in advance.
    Cooper Bussmann/ATC fuse tap converts one into two fusible circuits - 10 Amps maximum on added circuit

[IMG]

[IMG]

Part Number: BP-HHA-RP

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Hmm. I like the idea! I need to find switched power for the Valentine One, so I await the response to your query!

kippintranet

I have had no problems tapping fuses for my cell phone and gauges. Attached is a map of "always on" versus "on with ignition." 2004 BMW Z4 (E85) Color Fuse Diagram.png

2004 BMW Z4 (E85) Color Fuse Diagram.png

shipkiller

On both cars, I have done the same thing. On the MC, I run a Radar Detector, GPS and iPod. Now issues.

The issue you had with a light bulb is not the same. The General Module and Lighting module (in combination) do 'bulb out' testing differently than how you would think it does.

www.shipkiller.com

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Any notion of a switched 12-volt source in the rear-view mirror?