Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

'06 X3 Auxiliary question

Discussion in 'E83 X3 (2004-2010)' started by Legalice, Nov 26, 2012.

Legalice 2006 X3

Just bought an 06 X3 with 60k miles. Radio shows AUX option on display but cannot find anyway to connect my iPod or any other device. Any ideas?

charlson89

There are a couple of places it could be if it didn't come with it from the factory, like in the center console or glove box. But if it is factory then on the back center console there will be an aux port there.

fhopper

The "port" may not exist at all. I had to install the kit. The kit is cheap and recommends installing the input port in the glove box. It works fine there and I found a converter that turns the flashlight charging port into a standard 12 volt power port so you can charge and connect to the AUX input of the radio from the glove box. FWIW my AUX cuts out after an hour or so, I read somewhere that is not uncommon but I don't recall the reason. You will have to take a fair amount of your dash and console apart to do the install. As mentioned people often run the port to the rear ash tray because there is a 12 volt port already there.