Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

04 745Li - Bluetooth support for telephone??

Discussion in 'E65/E66 (2002-2008)' started by petegammon, Jun 23, 2008.

petegammon guest

04 745Li - Bluetooth enabled support for telephone??

I've discovered that my 745 was produced in July and BMW added the bluetooth support starting October, but my display panel still has "Phone Connected??" along the top edge, I've got the pop out telephone keypad in the dash as well. I checked with the dealer to get my cell phone to work but they said no way. Does anyone know if there is a BMW or an aftermarket product that will allow me to use my cell phone bluetooth with the car's audio & control system (iDrive)? I'd really like to have hands free use of the phone. Thanks for your help.

RaketeBlaue guest

BTUM Kit P/N 84 11 0 410 145

Was you vehicle manufactured in July 03 or July 04? BMW makes a BTUM Kit that will work in your 2004 745i. The kit part number is p/n 84 11 0 410 145 and installs in the cradle located in the console. I know that Motorola and Blackberry phones will work with the system and upload your phone book. I have one installed in my 745i manufactured in 05/04 and have paired it with my Blackberry phone. My Blackberry model is not listed to work with the BTUM, but works perfectly. If you don't have one of these brand of phones the bluetooth may not operate correctly. If you have any questions send me a PM. Good luck! Glückliches Fahren!

petegammon guest

Bluetooth now working

Thanks for everyone's help. I ended up getting the Bluetooth upgrade kit from bimmernav. com and the package works great. It's amazing how well BMW integrated the phone phunctions into the entertainment system. well done !!! Thanks!!:D

Satch SoSoCalifortified

What the---

How do you guys KNOW all this stuff?! Amazing.

My Z4 took over my Bluetooth phone and scared the hell out of me!

:D:D:D

SunShyne guest

Hello!!

I was wondering would that kit work in my 2005 745Li???? I've beating my brain trying to find something and the dealership told me...I was out of luch :( Do you also know where I may find a bmw navigation map update for 2010???? Thanks Nikki

cwbiii guest

Yea... from your BMW dealers parts counter... and they'll put a good dent in your wallet. Your cca discount should lessen the pain a little. I replaced mine last year because the 2006 unit that was in it was so wrong I couldn't stand it.

Chuck