Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Nurburgring Driving Schools?

Discussion in 'Driving Schools' started by SweetP, Nov 8, 2014.

SweetP Inland Empire Chapter, MT

I will be heading to Europe in 2015 and want to find driver instruction for the Nurburgring. Could be a Driving School or private instruction.
    Internet woefully does not have any 2015 information and my contacts to apparent driving schools have gone unanswered. Any information would be appreciated!

I don't believe there has been a BMW CCA driving school at the Nordschliefe for the last few years. With that said, RSR and ring-racing are great places to rent vehicles from (driving your hertz rental on the ring is a big no-no) and I believe they give instruction. A few of the guys at RSR are British, so no language barrier.

Also, don't think that you must rent a super car to drive the ring, and turn your nose to the little alpha 155 at the bottom of the price list. The Nurburgring is an experience, not just a track, and a 1,000hp lotus elise for 4,000 euro's an hour is a good way to waste that experience. You will have much more fun banging out 15 laps in a Susuki Swift for the entire day instead of putt putt putting around in an E46 M3 for two laps at the same cost.

Finally, and I cannot emphasize this enough... SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESS!!! Before Richter and Linder sold Rheinland-Pfalz a cargo ship of snake oil and ruined the place with the roller coaster that isn't safe, the fake village, an event center that lay's empty and a shopping mall with no patrons; the true local's had a wonderful relationship with the track and often ran modest businesses off the tourism.