Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

electronic transmission control module indicator came on

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by overcrush22, May 20, 2008.

overcrush22 guest

electronic transmission control module indicator came on after draining and servicing both engine oil and transmission oil pan, cleaned the tranny pan and the magnet real good bcoz there's a lot of gunk and it looks like mud. i also replace the spark plugs both air and oil filter, the engine service soon light is been on for a few days so i had it reset from one of the shop then it came back on, so i did the all servicing my self, after i filled the engine oil and replace the oil filter i tried to fill up the ATF can with ATF fluid but noticed it only took a little i didnt even used the whole qt. and i drained a lot of fluid out of the tranny pan, is there anybody that knows how to completely fill the tranny back up? and also any suggestion why the indicator came on? i will greatly appreciate the help. i just had my e46 (m3 02) a couple weeks ago from a friend and it's my first time working on this type of car. any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

ray

aloha5280 guest

Mine came on last night

Any info? My 95 325ic had her light come on last night on the way home from the airport. I pulled over and looked it up as I've not had this car very long. It sounded like she would stay in 4th and be OK to get home (about 5 miles)... I have a friend who is a master mechanic with GM who is going to take a look...