Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hot Wheels sends some love BMW's way...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MGarrison, May 21, 2013.

MGarrison

Up until a couple of years ago, Hot Wheels had only done a few BMW models, but since then, it's been a different story and they've picked up the pace. I hadn't noticed until seeing last year's orange & white 2002's, which spurred enough interest to pick some up & see what I could find.

[IMG]

It appears that by next year, Hot Wheels & Matchbox will have brought out a combination of 20+ models including variations, since 2011.

So - here's what I've found so far: (apologies in advance for any mediocre shots, not the best camera for this)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

First, 4 variations of the 2002 - the orange & white models with racing decals are '12 cars, this year it's the blue & green

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Z4 M GT in black & white...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

MGarrison

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

E92 M3 in red & white came out in '11, the M3GT2's in black & white with cool M logo decals, for '12, and '13 are black & blue, same street version as in '11.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

M1 in the Matchbox "The Hot Ones" series...

[IMG]

[IMG]

Matchbox BMW police motorcycles, white, & gray/yellow. There is a green military police bike out that I don't have a picture of yet, and apparently there is a blue one yet to come. Next year apparently a G1200RS will be one of the Matchbox issues.

[IMG]

E30 M3 in silver - Hot Wheels card titles it a '92 BMW M3.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Also for 2013 is the E30 M3 in blue - these are just coming out, this is the only one I've found so far -

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Some 850i's from twenty years ago - the blue with the green wheels was a limited issue; these were out in the early 90's.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

MGarrison

Matchbox Z4 roadster, in black...

[IMG]

[IMG]

The Isetta-based "Whattadrag" - in the Hot Wheels 'Boulevard' series - very nice! This model came out a few years ago and has a few variations, none of which I have; this Boulevard issue is currently available, though.

[IMG]

[IMG]

The very cool Canada/international-only E30 M3 from last year, all metal with "Real-Rider" rubber tires (standard Hot Wheels have hard plastic wheels)
    [IMG]

In addition to the R1200 GS Motorcycle, next year Matchbox is reportedly bringing out an E82 1M Coupe model - should be pretty cool. No idea what Hot Wheels may be doing with any '14 BMW models, we'll see! Just in case you were wondering, the ones on the red cards in the corner are some cheap Chinese diecast from a dollar store that sells those but not Hot Wheels; there was a Z4, and an X3.

drummerfc

No WAY!! :D Sooooo bloody cool...
    MGarrison likes this.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Kewl! I'm speechless!

MGarrison

Just an update on the Hot Wheels since last year...

Here's the red E30 M3 on the typical long card, these were out late last year and early this year - best I can tell, a few may still be hanging on pegs at Walmart, Target, Meijer, & maybe Toys-R-Us.

BMW 2014 e30 m3 red long card.JPG.JPG

Here's the short-card version...

BMW 2014 e30 m3 red short card 01.JPG.JPG

Hood detail...

BMW 2014 e30 m3 red hood detail.JPG.JPG

I think there are a couple of rare wheel variations where different wheels were used, but I've never come across any - however, a more common variation is that some of the red M3's have roll bars (like the earlier blue & silver M3's), but the bulk of the red M3's do not have the roll bar interior.

Roll bar...

BMW 2014 e30 m3 red roll bar.JPG.JPG

No roll bar...

BMW 2014 e30 m3 red no roll bar.JPG.JPG

MGarrison

KMart has Hot Wheel collector's events a couple times a year, this February's brought out the exclusive-to-KMart white E30 M3; I think this one also has a rare wheel variation, although it would be lucky to find any with that.

BMW 2014 e30 m3 white long card.JPG.JPG

Top view... these have a blue interior, obviously -

BMW 2014 e30 m3 white hood view.JPG.JPG

No roll bar in these...

BMW 2014 e30 m3 white no roll bar.JPG

Here's the orange 1M - oddly, I never saw one of these in the usual suspects, I've found them mostly at Dollar General or Family Dollar

BMW 2014 1m orange side.JPG.JPG

Top view

BMW 2014 1m orange top.JPG.JPG

Front quarter...

BMW 2014 1m orange nose.JPG.JPG

back view...

BMW 2014 1m orange rear.JPG.JPG

Here's the long-card K 1300 R BMW motorcycle, grey tank - these were out early in the year, and they either got snatched-up quickly, or they just didn't put out that many of them, these have been hard to find in any quantity.

BMW 2014 K1300 grey tank long card.JPG.JPG

on the short card...

BMW 2014 K1300 grey tank Short Card.JPG.JPG

side view...

BMW 2014 K1300 grey tank close side.JPG

MGarrison

and, the version with the orange tank - these came out a couple months ago, occasionally still come across one here & there... these have been easier to find than the grey-tank versions.

BMW 2014 K1300 orange tank long card.JPG

BMW 2014 K1300 orange tank close side.JPG.JPG

Here's the red Z8, which is in the Matchbox MBX Exotics 5-pack...

BMW 2014 Z8 red.JPG.JPG

The 5-pack also has a gold Lamborghini Miura, a Lotus (Elise?), 'Vette, & a VW , I think the W12...

BMW 2014 MBX Exotics 5 pack.JPG

shelbyvnt Baby Bee...

More Toys!!

I've been searching for a pedal car for my grandson, of course, as in the original production count, Atacama Yellow Z4's are not that easy to come by.

But with some help from a friend, there is actually light at the end of the tunnel.

Anybody had any experience with this outfit? Baby Bee.jpg

MGarrison

Not me - looks cool though; google 'em just to make sure there haven't been any instances of them spontaneously combusting or small animals collapsing into convulsions after sniffing Chinese-originated arsenic, lead, or acid-laden paint.

Don't know how I missed this last year, but somebody over on Bimmerpost had some fun - very cool!

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869627

[IMG]

shelbyvnt Baby Bee...

The Baby Bee arrived yesterday... Amazing detail, hard to believe this did not come off a BMW assembly line. Working headlights, horn, turn signals & engine sound. Folding side-view mirrors, filler flap opens to insert charging unit. Everything a little boy could ask for... My wife is threatening to buy me another one for Christmas, as she doubts I'll be able to part with this one Baby Bee II.jpg
    Ken.S.330 likes this.

MGarrison

looks killer - you gotta paint on or print up (or something) a copy of your license plate too!

shelbyvnt Baby Bee...

Through the magic of Photo Shop... BABY BEE!

Off to the print shop in the morning. Baby Bee0001.jpg
    MGarrison likes this.

shelbyvnt Baby Bee...

Need a little more work on the sizing... but I have until Christmas to get it right! Baby Bee Lo Res.jpg

shelbyvnt Baby Bee...

Every Car needs a Driver... Looks right at home with his racing harness & hand on the shifter. 140721_0010.jpg
    MGarrison likes this.

shelbyvnt Baby Bee...

Last one before Christmas... Is this what they mean by B2B? Double Bee II Lo Res.jpg
    MGarrison and Ken.S.330 like this.

MGarrison

Great pic of your grandson - definitely got a laugh from him in that baby-sized cap!

Ok, on to more Hot Wheels, or, in this case, Matchbox -

First, here's the police motorcycle from last year - these would be hard to come by, now -

r1200rt-pmilitaryoncard.JPG
    r1200rt-pmilitaryside.JPG

Here's the R1200 GS, which have hit the shelves in the last couple of months. It would appear the BMW motorcycles are popular, they're not particularly easy to come across.
    2014r1200gsoncard.JPG

2014r1200gsside.JPG

Last year, it was looking like a yellow version of this was supposed to come out first, but that never happened. I'm guessing we may see it in yellow later this year, or maybe next year. Pic by the Lamley Group:

[IMG]

These are _just_ hitting the shelves; first is the silver X5 police, with a light bar -
    x5policeoncard.JPG
    x5policeside.JPG

and a 2014 version of the police bike, this time with black bike body, white cowl/bags, text and markings in black & orange -
    2014r1200rt-poncard.JPG

2014r1200rt-pside.JPG

That's it for the moment - soon I'll put up some pics of the Hot Wheels E36 M3 Race, which is white and wavy motorsports colored checker flag decals on the hood & trunk, similar to the E36 M3 Lightweight; I don't think those have hit the shelves yet in my area, but apparently they have in some places.

MGarrison

Some news on some upcoming models - looks like the very cool Matchbox 1M that first came out in orange will have a blue version - apparently this may be out sometime this year, or next year if not this year. Looks good - hopefully will be easier to come across than the orange one. Pic from the Lamley Group:

[IMG]

If you're interested in details on some other upcoming Matchbox models, see:

http://lamleydlm.blogspot.com/2014/07/july-22-matchbox-ambassador-report-by.html

Most importantly, the BMW 5-series police version - but, also some cool models to note, remember the bad-a$$ Lamborghini off-road hummer-like LM002 of years ago? There will be one of those, plus a version of the current presidential Cadillac limo, the Tesla Model S sedan, a current-era Ford cab-over semi-tractor sans trailer, a Porsche Cayman, and Alfa-Romeo 4C.

Dang - they had a report with a bunch of pictures of the pre-production plastic 3-d printed 5-series police car but apparently took it down - here's one pic from the above blog post in case that disappears.

Ok, looks like google still has it cached, if you want to see more pics -

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...-bmw-m5-police.html &cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Very cool!

2015 matchbox 5-series police.png

some links:

on the X5 police version -
    http://lamleydlm.blogspot.com/2014/07/first-look-2014-matchbox-bmw-x5-police.html

Looks like they took down the post about the Alfa Romeo too - here's a pic (from the Lamley Group), but production color/wheels/decals etc. will be different -

alfaromeo4c.JPG

MGarrison

mrsbee guest