Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Anyone else had problems with PartsGeek?

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by pbergman111, May 27, 2016.

pbergman111

I purchased a replacement passenger seat occupancy sensor for my '07 335i. I was getting the famous "Passenger Restraint System" error.
    As replacing the sensor is a lot of work, I wanted to make sure the part would resolve the issue. The connection plug on the seat is easily accessible so I was able to plug in the new sensor to the car without even taking it out of the bag. I did but it didn't resolve the issue. I dont have the equipment to test the new seat so I dont know if it a bad product or just not the right part to fix the problem.

PartsGeek refused to accept the return because the part was used. It is far from used, it wasn't even fully removed from the packaging! Also by their criteria, there is NO WAY to return a defective part. After a number of exchanges with the RMA department, they refused to budge.

Buyer Beware! Their return policy is extremely difficult. I just want to return a part in the exact condition it was sent to me.

charlson89

Did you enable the new seat mat because the faults will not go away without this being done for any replacement?