Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Looking for some input on an M Roadster

Discussion in 'E36/7 M roadster (1998-2003)' started by gotmilk?, Feb 18, 2016.

gotmilk?

I've been thinking about looking at a 2002 M Roadster I've seen for sale. The car has 50,000 miles on it and from the photos it seems to be in pretty good shape but I need to go see it.
    I don't know anything about this model apart from what I've read online. One of the things I've come across is the mention of rear subframe durability issues. If any of the members have any wisdom to impart on what I should look for when checking out the car I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks everyone.

charlson89

Those cars are getting more rare and sought after thus the price for clean ones are going up every year. BMW did have a service action for inspecting the subframe so I would check to make sure that was done or have it quickly inspected before purchase by some one who knows BMW's. Make sure you can get history and repair history on this vehicle. Also if they were ever salvaged then I would walk since it really devalues these kind of vehicles.

gotmilk?

Thank you very much for the advice, very helpful, I really appreciate it.