Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New chapter member from NJ

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by e39lover, Jan 10, 2016.

e39lover

Hey all I'm a brand new member. Have been a bimmer enthusiast for over 20 years. I currently own the 1st bimmer that started my love interest. The e36/5 hatch. Just something about it that I always liked. I got one from a nice mechanic I met that worked at bmw/mini in Neptune NJ. Good overall condition, manual transmission. Just had an issue with the idle control which I sorted out quickly and ended up with a great car. I'm in the business of customizing cars so the first thing I tackled was the interior. I couldn't imagine driving one of my favorite bimmers in a cloth interior. I also went from original Boston Green paint that was fading on the hood. To a very sexy 3m black rose vinyl wrap. I'm on top of all of the maintenance as best as a 39 year old single dad of an 18 and 20 yr old can.

I'm in the process of overhauling the entire suspension back to stock spec. I already added 17" black Beyern wheels with chrome lip. I'm designing my audio system as well. Some light fabrication will be involved and the project will be near complete. This bimmer will be my special Genius Edition.

Fyi I'm looking for an e36 m3 4dr front bumper cover. Please let me know if u have one. Also the rear bumper with diffuser. Thanks.
    Ken.S.330 likes this.

MGarrison

Welcome to the club & forums, good luck w/ the project!

e39lover

Thanks brother

charlson89

Welcome sounds like a cool project post some pictures!

e39lover

Project is fun. Had its share of ups and downs, but is goin well. I will get some pix up soon for sure

e39lover

What are the limits on file size here? Says my pix are too big to upload

MGarrison

1mb; however, if you're able, sizing pics to about, but not much over, 400-800 pixels wide by 200-600 pixels high, as .jpg makes viewing/scrolling a better fit, easier, & for mobile, faster. If your phone or dig. camera's settings are hi-resolution they can be over 1mb & then some, easy.