Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Graphite E92 Aero & Wheels

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Abe, Jun 15, 2008.

Abe guest

I just got my 335i back from the shop where I had the front of the BMW Aero Package installed (wasn't a big fan of the rear bit, so I only got the front air dam), and the stock ZSP wheels swapped for LTW EmPowers.

For those about to swap...

HOWARD SCHARF guest

looks great-could you provide me with the model #for the rims you have on and what size tires do you have on thanx

az3579

:eek:

** some random text to meet the minimum character limit **

Abe guest

Wheel details

Mr. Scharf,

I bought the wheels from Bimmerworld, and they simply list them as "D-Force EmPower" wheels. When I bought them, they only came in one fitment, but I see Bimmerworld has EmPowers for the 5/6/7ers now. Either way, they're 18" and come in 8.5" and 9.5" widths (I staggered mine front and rear respectively), and silver or anthracite (mine are silver). With the BMW center caps, the fronts are $324.25, and the rears are $344.25 each. I thought that was pretty good considering the cost of comparable BBS wheels (LMs are $1,100 + on Tire Rack!), and the weight of some of the cheaper wheels (e.g. Beyern Type Mesh).

The best part of the deal was the delivery. I ordered the wheels on a Wednesday and had a stack of Bimmerworld boxes on my front step on Thursday! I was literally reading the delivery confirmation e-mail when I heard my wife yell, "What the hell is this?!" at the five-foot tower of wheels outside the front door. Hard to beat that.

As for the tires, those are the same RFTs that came on the car (F: 225/40ZR18; R: 255/35ZR18). I just swapped out the wheels at my local BMW shop and kept the rubber. I haven't felt any need to replace the run-flats just yet - I don't have any RFT rage at this point. But I will probably replace them with regular tires (perhaps with a suspension adjustment) once the RFTs wear out.

Enjoy.

HOWARD SCHARF guest

thanx abe and enjoy your 335i

M3Driver guest

LOL; my wife has learned just to step around tires "mountains" (Tire Rack) and other boxes that magically appear at our door on occasion. She joked one time we should add DINAN, Turner, Griotts, and others to our Christmas card list.

Nice looking car nicely done....:)

unagi1 guest

Gepainter, be thankful she's so supportive -- mine is but up to a point. Disposable income is always such a contentious issue...:)

schwabm3 guest

Tire sizes

Hi Abe,
    I just saw your review of these on Bimmer world and then read this thread. I'm hoping that now that two years have gone by you've put new tires on and I'd like to know if you went
    with wider tires than original, and if so, what sizes worked with keeping consistent tire OD.

Thanks
    Mark

Apex000

That is a sexy E92!! my goodness