Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Candidate's Statement

Discussion in 'Steven Johnson' started by elliottsb, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

elliottsb BMW CCA Director of IT

After serving as Pacific Region VP, I was elected to my current position of Executive Vice President. In this post, my primary responsibility is to oversee national events—and I must say that this has been a rewarding assignment! The best part of my job is travelling to these events and meeting hundreds of like-minded enthusiasts, some enjoying their first BMW CCA experience.
    Our signature event is Oktoberfest, of course. I am very proud of our efforts to bring that event to Monterey in 2013. The first West Coast O’Fest since 2004, it was one of the most successful weeks in Oktoberfest history.

But O’Fest is just part of the story. During my tenure, we have also expanded our support of other national and regional events. Our Legends Of The Autobahn concours is now one of the must-see events during Monterey’s historic-cars week, and our Festorics corral continues to grow each year. These events—and such East Coast events as the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, Vintage At The Vineyards, and other regional gatherings—are an important part of the BMW CCA experience. We want you to come out, enjoy your car, and discover the camaraderie that makes this association so special.

We have even expanded the attractions of Oktoberfest. Recently, we have concentrated on Top Tier race tracks with great success. But Oktoberfest should be for everyone, not just us track rats! Now we are rotating our venues: one year near a track like Laguna Seca, the next year in a family-friendly location with events for everyone.

We are currently planning the next two Oktoberfests—a task which takes a lot of time and commitment. Over the last three years, I have given you that commitment, and I would be pleased to continue serving the Club in this capacity.

Steven Johnson
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.