Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Staggered wheels and non staggered.

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Cheo135, Aug 9, 2012.

Cheo135

Hello everyone.
    I am new in this community, just purchased my first BMW a 2008 135i coupe.
    I have a question and hope somebody can help me out.
    My car has 18 X 7.5 rims in the front and 18 X 8.5 in the back.
    Can I install 18 X 8 rims all around in this car?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

MGarrison

Presumably somebody here may know and pipe up, but if not, call the Tire Rack, they should be able to accurately advise you on wheel fitments.

https://www.tirerack.com/

Cheo135

Thanks.

CRKrieger

Not being as cautious as Marshall, I'm going to say, "yes". It would give your car a little more oversteer - which would probably be a good thing since it no doubt comes from the factory with understeer as the dominant characteristic.

Cheo135

Thanks for the info CR.
    I also follow the advise of MGarrison and talked to a guy over tirerack. He told me also that I could use 18 x 8 in front and 18 x 9 in the back. I am planning to buy new rims for summer and put the winter tires on the factory rims because they are a little bit scuffed. So it will be 18x8 in the front with 225-40-18 tires and 18x9 in the back with 255-35-18 for the summer. The winter will be 225-40-18 all around with rims 18x7.5 in the front and 18x8.5 in the rear. Thanks all for pointing me in the right direction