Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2001 740i Cup Holder

Discussion in 'E38 (1995-2001)' started by Bcary, Feb 20, 2011.

Bcary

Does anyone have a used (working), or know where I can get a replacement cup holder that is reasonably priced?

This is the one that is in the dash in front of the gear shifter

Lent325is330xi guest

cwbiii guest

Whats wrong with it... I purchased one a few years back for my 1997 and only used a sub-assembly. The rest of it is around here somewhere in a closet. There was a little plastic part that kept it latched in when not in use... someone jammed a too large cup into mine and broke that plastic part. Rather than removing and replacing the whole thing, I just had to replace the sub-assembly (cup tray) , but had to buy the whole assembly for somewhere in the vicinity of $130. So depending upon what is broken in yours I may have what you need.

Chuck cwb5432@verizon.net

Bcary

I had the same problem essentially .. when i open it up, if you put a cup in it, the front part of the assembly falls off

cwbiii guest

Yep, that what the parts I have still do (I dug it out) so you will probably be stuck with what I had to do... autohausaz.com has it for about $170 ... vs list at about $200.
    I don't think you'll do much better. I think the one in the back seat is the same...
    You might try a junkyard.

Chuck

meteck

If it will close, just replace it with aftermarket.

John in VA