Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Xenon headlights

Discussion in 'E85 Z4 (2002-2008)' started by rlubocki, Apr 14, 2008.

rlubocki guest

Anyone know where I can get a xenon kit for my 2004 z4 3.0i? It came in halogen setup, can I just install the bulb, or do I need more than just the bulb? Anyone know where I can purchase the kit online?

330indy1

will cost you

you probably want to get the OEMs from a legit. parts house.
    Pelican Parts?

rlubocki guest

thank you!

Yes, I am looking for oem, they have the bi-xenon setup. I thopught when I got my car it would have the xenon option, whats the use of a amazing z4 looks, if it still has yello headlights, thank you for your time..

az3579

I've seen some OEM Z4 headlights (xenon) on eBay for about $250 a piece. They don't include the bulbs or the ballast, though.

bobver

Have you tried realoem? You'll need the car vin and then you can search the database for parts.

rlubocki guest

Bob, no I havent, I will look it up, perhaps I can find them. Its hard to het the kits, and dealer wants a hefty randsome.. Thank you for your time, and advise!

rlubocki guest

I will chceck ebay, by default that is mu source, but I didnt really find what I am looking for, I'll keep searching, thank you for the advise!

272593 guest

You might want to try PIAA XtremeWhite headlight bulbs. In my 325i they seem to provide just as much light as the Xenons on my 07 Z4.

rlubocki guest

Thank you very much, HID kit is outragesly expencive, 6 grand for some plastic, cables, and bulbs.. I wish someone came out with aftermarket setup...

lugnut guest

also you can check out www.bimmian.com I just got some new halo bulbs from them and they look good on my M3

rlubocki guest

Hey, thank you for the link, and advise.. I also found out that MITEC hid kit and apparently it will work with the Z4 headlights, I am still researching... They say the kit is exclusevly made for Z4, meaning the wireing harness, and I wont get any errors on my car..
    Thanks again for the reply! M3 amazing car!

xyvyx