Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Not another one

Discussion in 'E28 (1982-1988)' started by Autohaus, Jan 12, 2010.

coldswede

No argument there CR.
    You do use HD Bili's, which have better control characteristics than some others. I have no idea what the O.P. has for shocks. I just thought he would like the information that it could be a problem with some low, soft springs (Bav Auto come to mind). It would be a shame for him to install lowering springs and and pound the guts out of his newish shocks

rudyracer guest

e28

I saw that car on ebay it looked pretty nice. I just got a 1988 528e for free not running but when it gets warmer will see why I have no spark. If it won't run at least the parts will fit my 87 convertible

granthr

I'm confused? An "eta" E28 and an "i" E30 don't have very much in common. Unless your 87 convertible is an E28!!!!! :D

CRKrieger

Block, bare head, differential, and transmission ... maybe radiator.

Autohaus guest

I have decided to put the project on hold for now. I gotta get the car from the shop into my garage and I'll work on it when it gets warm. My mechanic needs the space so I gotta get it here somehow soon. B mentioned that instead of changing the whole engine that we should just use the head on his old M20 along with:

Timing belt kit
    VCG (valve cover gasket set)
    Head bolt set
    Head gasket set
    Water pump and thermostat

A bentley will guide us so it would be a fun project. However, I'm getting the ol' E34 bug again :rolleyes:

As for the shocks/springs I'll worry about that after she gets runnning.

Autohaus guest

Car is finally at my house, though not in running condition. My mechanic needed the space so I'll keep it over at my place for now. I did throw a jump starter on the battery and everything in the car works. I even went to the extreme and tried to start the car but it cranks over once and then nothing as the jumper was already drained. My wife wants me to get it running so she will haz her wish as soon as we save enough for the labor. I should give it a good wash/detail in the meantime so she will look 1/2 way decent in front of the garage, though.

az3579

Chris' neverending haus of Bimmerz. :)

Now get my M20 out of Theo's lawn and stick it in that bad boy!

Autohaus guest

I did text him last night saying that I will be getting it soon. I plan on doing a detail to it this weekend.

TeamStowell We love driving!

....and one makes four.

I lost track of how many you have now. If Beverly finds out she will want another one. On our way home from the Concours meeting tonight she was commenting on how nice it would be to have another car. I'm not quite sure what she is looking for, although I know she really wants to buy a fellow Patroonies 97 740iL that she has been lusting after for years. I still want my Mcoupe.

az3579

Enough automatic cars! There are now two autos in the stable of the 3 cars I know of; you gotta tell 'er, the fourth has to be a manual to even it out. :p

TeamStowell We love driving!

I hear you about having another stick in the driveway, but I do miss having a big cruiser like the 540 to call on when taking those long drives to Buffalo. Four hours of uninterupted straight line 70+mph driving is killer in the M3 - I have to keep jumping lanes to keep myself amused.

Autohaus guest

Why not get a nice E34 540i/6? You can get a nice one for at least $5K with good records if you look hard enough. Bev won't mind the manual in that one :).

I'm trying to get Carol to drive the E39 but......:(

Autohaus guest

Engine will be delivered to my house. Now all I gotta do is get it in. Simple as that :D

Autohaus guest

My neighbor said that he would install the engine for around $500-$600. I think that is very fair.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Hmmm

Plus beer?

Autohaus guest

Wow been a month since this was posted. I haven't been on lately.

As for the beer, I'll buy him a xx pack of bud light or something.

Zeichen311

Guy installs an engine an you reward him with Bud Light?! That's not very nice. :D

drummerfc

*Bud Light*?? :confused::confused:

Fail. Epic FAIL. :mad:

Why don't'cha just **** in a bottle and make 'im drink that? :cool:

drummerfc

Ok...who here hired the censors?? All I wrote was P-I-S-S...this is cause to star-out?? :confused:

REALLY??

CRKrieger

National office. Just let it go ...