Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New (CPO) 07 3.0si Questions

Discussion in 'E83 X3 (2004-2010)' started by akassam, Jan 2, 2010.

akassam guest

I just bought a CPO 2007 X3 3.0si and with a very light foot, I am at 16 mpg around town and 20 mpg combined. I thought I'd do a lot better - just traded in my 03 525i 5sp and I averaged 24.5. I realize this is a completely different vehicle but I drove my 5 series harder. What are you guys seeing for gas mileage?

Also just got a nail in tire the day after I picked it up. I don't want to pay for a new tire - standard OEM RF Dunlop SP Sport 01. I don't understand why they would put a summer tires on these - can they work through the winter or do I need to buy some all seasons?

tiFreak

what kind of winter do you see where you live? if you get a lot of snow I wouldn't use all seasons, get some dedicated winter tires

granthr

+1, Dedicated Winter Tires is where it is at if you see any kind of winter weather. Even for dry roads in very cold temps, snow tires perform better b/c they are a softer rubber.

Can't really help in the MPG dept. I get high teens in my 1991 325ix (4x4). On the highway I might get low 20s if I take it easy. Yea right! :) I pretty much get the same in town and on the highway. But I am running 4:10 diffs with a manual box. :cool:

akassam guest

Thanks guys, I usually do run winters on my cars - always have even with AWD. I guess I'll have to get used to the lousy mileage - miss my E39.