Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Houston Teen Street Survival - Nov 14th.

Discussion in 'Car Control Clinics' started by 03BeastCharmer, Oct 20, 2009.

03BeastCharmer

The Houston BMW CCA in association with the BMW CCA Foundation and TireRack will be putting on a Teen Street Survival school on Saturday Nov 14th.

http://www.streetsurvival.org/

The cost is $60, and is intended for new drivers age 16- 21. If you have or know of a young driver, this is a great course to help them feel more comfortable behind the wheel. Motor vehicle crashes are the leading killers of American youths aged 16-19.

More information and registration can be completed at the link above.

WesTex335

My daughter is 15 with a learner's pemit. Is that enough, or does she have to be 16?

03BeastCharmer

I think Street Survival has allowed permit students in the past. The Houston Chapter is hosting another Teen school Oct 23rd.

shanneba

The FAQ on the Street Survival web site says this about "permits" -

What are the requirements of "permitted students"?
    Permitted drivers will be allowed in the Tire Rack Street Survival® program IF

All conditions of the permit can be met in a safe manner, i.e. if the permit requires a licensed driver in the car at all times. If a parent is required to be in the car in addition to this, then this student will not be allowed as it would require a passenger in the back seat of the car and that is considered too hazardous for the exercises in the school, and some times it is physically impossible.

The driver must be a minimum of 16 years old (regardless of the minimum age for the state issuing the permit) and have had a permit for a minimum of ½ the time required by the state holding jurisdiction over that permit, (not the state that the school is located in) i.e. if the permit must be held for 6 months before the driver can take their driving test, then the student must have had the permit a minimum of 3 months.