Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

SmartPhone Cradle Under Armrest

Discussion in 'E81/E82/E87/E88 (2004-present)' started by h3ptels, Sep 9, 2009.

h3ptels

Has anyone installed the Cradle under the Armrest that holds you cell phone and charges it? I have been thinking of this option since you are able to use your phone and charge it while on trips. I know it has to be pre-wired from the factory to have this option installed and my car came pre-wired so that is not the problem. Just wanted to know if anyone has considered the option?

h3ptels

I went ahead and purchased the Eject Box (84-10-9-160-935) and the Snap In Adapter (84-10-9-182-792). My Service Advisor Faxed over the Info on how to Install. The Pre-Wired Clips are located on the back of the armrest near the floor, simply pop off the plastic cover and it will expose the Pre-Wire with the Clips to attach to the Eject Box wiring and clips. Took about 30 minutes to finish and works great. It is handy to have this item because you do get better antenna strength thru the roof antenna and the charging capability for your phone (I have the iPhone 3G). It is hidden nicely just below the armrest as you lift it up on the right side. Cost for me with the BMWCCA discount for parts was $244.85 including tax. Labor was free.

mattinfll guest

anyone with an iphone4 ordered this? Just ordered my 128i vert yesterday, but did not select this....but can still tinker.

pinmagic guest

I have it for my iPhone 3GS. Nice feature, but keep in mind that you'll have to remove the phone case each time, and that it's not convenient to TM with it in place (not that you should be doing that while you're driving anyway).

rspeser

I bought one for my iPhone 3Gs and it worked perfectly, utilizing the rear bumper antenna for the phone. I am still waiting however for BMW to bring out the adapter for the iPhone 4. It is inconvenient to remove the phone from the case to put it into the adapter, and I wound up just using it for longer trips.