Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

How to add bluetooth ability to my 323IC?

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by damien_ro, Jul 9, 2009.

damien_ro guest

I want to give my car bluetooth capabilities so that i can connect it to my Nokia N86 8mp while traveling. That way I can be safe and save time without having to deal with C.D.s or turning down the music to answer a call. I already have a bt earpiece to be safe while driving but how nice it would be if the music turned down or off automatically? any and all suggestions are truly welcome.
    Thanks,
    Spc Damien Roberts

az3579

The only thing that I can think of would be to get an aftermarket head unit that supports bluetooth, install the bluetooth kit for it (those are usually add-ons that cost extra), and that will allow you the functionality of bluetooth while muting the music when you receive a call.

I do not know if there is a factory option for your car, but I doubt it (for the early 323i's). And if there is, it probably isn't nearly as cheap as an aftermarket head unit with bluetooth add-on.

damien_ro guest

I found one here. http://www.hookedontronics.com/show...3735&c=0907Froogle&b=Kenwood_Excelon KDC-X993

i thought it was relatively cheap only $250 with everything. I just have to wait till they get it in stock:D Thanks for your advice again. Damien

az3579

There are other units available as well, not just that one, so if you don't mind shopping around a bit you can find others as well.

But if you want that specific one, then good luck. :)

damien_ro guest

do you have a recommendation?

I trust your opinion. If there is anything out there that you might recommend please do. Thanks Pal ;)
    P.S. I will continue to look around while I wait for it to come in stock.