Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Short Throw Shifter

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by rich235, Jun 5, 2009.

rich235 guest

The May issue of Roundel talked about BMW's own performance parts and I called my local dealer and asked about the Short throw shifter and the 18in wheels.
    The short throw shifter was about 350.00 installed. Has anyone bought the shifter from BMW? is it better than any other after market product available? They said it would only take about an hour to put in and I could buy for 275.00 if I want to install myself.

(By the way, the 18inch wheel with michelan tires installed were about 4000.00, ouch)

Has anyone bought the BMW short throw? are you happy with it?

Qunadry

I had the SSK installed on my 135i as part of the purchase. Money well spent. Shifting is a joy compared to the 335i I traded in and the 135i I test drove.

rich235 guest

Thanks for the information, I think I'll bre looking in to teh SSK.

Rich

SDKmann guest

Skip picking it up at your dealer. Go to GetBMWParts.com and get it for a little cheaper. For the E46 they have it for $220 if I remember correctly. Im also ordering the kit this week. Don't forget to pick up the Redline MTL!