Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Buy Used BMW - separate forum?

Discussion in 'Buy, Lease, Finance & Insurance' started by Bill Howard, Mar 14, 2008.

Bill Howard

Is there interest in a separate forum on buying used BMWs in general? The model forums are great places to talk about the pros and cons on an E46 3 Series used ... but is there also room for a forum on the process in general when you're buying used? We can add forums infinitely, but the more we have, the harder it may be to build serious traffic around any one topic. - BH

madfronter guest

I think there should be a classified section so people can list their BMWs for sale on here. I know if I was selling my BMW I would prefer to sell it to someone who is a member of BMWCCA or at least a BMW enthusiast. Plus I am looking for a black 99 or 00 M coupe.

Jonathan Spira guest

But we have one. :confused:

madfronter guest

You are correct sir. I was looking in the forum for it but I found the Marketplace. Now I know.

az3579

Would be nice if it was free to advertise (for parts, misc.), but meh. :p

fun2drive guest

Classifeds

I agree with having a section for used BMW parts by model. I know we have the market section but this is for a forum application,
    Cheers
    Brad Purvis
    M3/4//M3 Vert//E93 Vert

MGarrison

Aren't classified ads for members already free? Or did you mean something else?

As for a general 'Buying Used' forum, I'm thinking that might be a bit too general? All the things you'd normally do for buying any new car you'd do for a BMW, and aren't most of the quirks anyone would check for be mostly model-specific anyway?

I'm just not sure I can think of enough things that are endemic to all used BMWs to warrant an individual forum; I don't know if, in the broad scope of used BMW's, there are somethings where we'd say "Oh, they all do that."

madfronter guest

bimmer forums . com has a good classified section for cars parts engines etc.