Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E21 Owners Unite!

Discussion in 'E21 (1977-1983)' started by SFaikel, Sep 1, 2008.

osmarcolombia guest

Hola Harry

ya se me metieron las ganas de tener los rines ya, la verdad es que los E21 quedan de ataque.

Hable con los de Bavauto y me dejan los rines en USD960 y a eso me toca sumarle el envio de Miami a Bogota que eso pueden ser otros USD300

Estoy en conversaciones con los de hoffman group para ver cual es el precio minimo

tu sabes si los rines que venden en esos dos lugares son los mismos? ahh, y otra cosa, sera que esos rines necesitan espaciadores u otra adaptacion ?

saludos

HarryPR

Oscar, no conozco a nadie que tenga los del Hoffman Group, asi que no puedo opinar sobre los que ellos venden. Lo que si parece es que, al igual que los de BavAuto, no deben necesitar "spacers" en un E21. Hoffman los tiene a un precio mas razonable que Bavauto.

Seria interesante saber si ambos rines hechos por el mismo manufacturero! Asi los ordenas a Hoffman y economizas algo.

Suerte,
    Harry

osmarcolombia guest

Hola Harry

Con la gran ayuda de Fernando Vargas parece que los vamos a conseguir a un precio muy comodo alrededor de 600 dolares incluyendo el envio a Miami
    y parece ser que son los mismos los de bavauto y los de hoffman

saludos

HarryPR

Me alegro!!!! De verdad que Fernando es un entusiasta de los buenos.

Si no estuviera la crisis economica en todo su apogeo me anotaba en la lista y compraba cuatro para mi. A ese precio vale la pena comprarlos, aunque sea para guardarlos.

sbarrios guest

e21

Hello Spencer

My name is Sandy, I'm from Long Island New York and I have a 1983 320is with the same
    milage as yours. I bought mind new and had in painted this year. It's manual drive,
    ultimate driving machine. By the way it's Hanna Red

bcweir

I am another E21 fan and former owner (I will get another one someday)

The aftermarket and the 3-series world in general seems to want to treat the E21 as the redheaded stepchild of the BMW family tree, but I can tell you this car was my first BMW! This is the car that got me hooked on the Roundel! My former car was a 1981 model.

Sadly, my car was drowned under the waters of Hurricane Katrina but I never forgot her. I now own a 1988 750iL but I would love to get another E21 soon.

While it seems like the rest of the BMW world would like to pretend the E21 never existed (considering how little attention these vehicles get), I consider the E21 to be one of BMW's best kept secrets!

CSBM5

I've pondered the lack of attention to the E21 too, and at least here in the US I think the reason centers around the unfortunate transition from the 2002 to the 320i. Unfortunate in that price went up and performance, if anything, was lower (i.e. weight significantly increased, power/weight ratio was poor, and handling was luke-warm at best with softly suspended 320i's now being compared to many owners modified 2002s and 2002tiis).

The 320i was sort of the laughing stock of many enthusiasts at the time. I had a good friend with a '76 2002, and he used to look for E21s to humiliate whenever he could.:) Of course his 02 was far from stock...far.

In summary, the best of the E21s were left for Europe with the 323i and Alpina versions, etc. The best the US got was the sport package version of the later (i.e. 1.8L Lambda cars) model year cars.

All that said, I think the E21 is a really neat car too! Way back in the mid-80's when I had a track/garage queen Bavaria and a new E28 535i, I wanted a fun daily driver, so I bought a fellow member's '77 320i that was heavily modified for track work: Korman Stage 2+ engine, Schrick 292 cam, 45DCOE Webers, Stahl headers, Alpina springs, Suspension Techniques F&R sway bars, Konis, Alpina bushings, larger wheels/tires (remember "+1", lol), Recaros, Kamei, Ansa, Cibie, etc,etc.

It was a beast of an E21 with a lopey idle, lowered stance, etc, and most everyone I would cross paths with on the street NEVER expected it perform like it did.:D It was super sweet when you hit the powerband of the cam, and pulled very hard. I think the motor was putting out somewhere around 155-160hp as the prior owner had done some dyno tuning at Autoauthority. I still have the data someplace...I believe it was doing about 135-138hp at the wheels.

The only issue I had was it was a "northern car". After a couple of years trying to fight corrosion here and there, I sold it...sadly.

Here are some pictures:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

CSBM5

[IMG]

sbarrios guest

1983 Bmw 320is

Hello Guys

I'm New To This Site, So You Have To Excuse Me, I'm Learning.
    Hard To Teach Old Dog New Tricks.
    I Would Like To Post Pictures Of My Restoration But Don't Know How.

What I Did To My 320is When I Bought New I Had Installed Two Weber
    Carbs Remove The Convertor And It Had Some Guts. I Had To Remove
    Same Because In New York It Would Not Pass Inspection. It Is Now
    Back To All Original.

I Had A Bavaria, 535is And Now 1999 528 Sport.

CSBM5

If you have them on a web site someplace, just use the Insert Image icon along the top of the window you type in for a new post...it looks like a yellow square with a couple of gray triangles in it. You copy the web link to the picture's location, click the image icon and paste the link into the window that opens up.

If you need to upload the picture from your PC, click the paper clip icon instead. Then "Browse" to the location on your computer of the picture.

az3579

Chuck,

Those seats were SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!