Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Tire Pressure

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by wretched, Aug 21, 2008.

wretched

I have a 2006 330i and I am wondering what tire pressure you all prefer? Do you use the recommended by BMW and if so which one? I am worried less about comfort and more about tread wear and performance. Thanks for your time and input

Damien

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to mention I do not have the performance package sadly... I have the Continental run flats sized 225/45 17.

kkratoch

That is what I have and had been using BMW tire pressures. Tires squeal too much and tread life is not good. I have replaced tires twice already. I have just recently upped the pressures to 44 front and 46 rear. Max for that tire is 51 psi. Squealing is gone and I won't know about tread wear for some time. I will just watch the center of the tread if it starts to wear faster than the outsides I will lower the pressure, but BMW recommended I think is too low.

wretched

Thank You for your information. I though the recommended was to low also. I guess they figure enthusiast will go there own way and they set those pressures for comfort?

missmelyssa guest

Interesting. I will have to see how my tires wear. I bought it used and the dealership put all new RFTs on them. Cost them $1k. i have an hour's commute each way and most of that is a winding mountain road. I've put 4k miles on the car so far and so far so good.

kkratoch

Sorry to all for not updating....
    I am running 36 in front and 38 in rears now. I think this is where I will stay.
    The higher pressures were making the car feel a little loose traction wise.

Spydeputy

36 psi

i've been using 36 psi all around. sport & wheel upgrade packages on the 2008 335xi, w/ no problems

mattm

Our '06 325xi Owner's Manual says 29 front and 33 rear for "normal" loads, 16" and 17" wheels. I seem to remember it said to go up a bunch* for 19" wheels.

* technical term. :)

Devilsown guest

I tend to stick with the tire pressures door sticker tells me, and Ive have the best luck with that so far. to much psi "domes" your tire meaning you ride on the center of it to little air the center of the tire sucks in and you ride on the outer parts of the tire so I feel that it is in your best intrest to stick with the door sticker, for best traction and tire wear. Unless someone tells me other wise thats what im sticking to.

Spydeputy

psi

i agree w/ going w/ the pressure listed on the door and not the max load listed on the tire itself or whats may be listed in your manual. the sticker represents what is matched to the car and the tires the factory puts on your car. my 2008 335xi w/ sport package and tire/wheel upgrade recommends 36 psi front and rear and i stick to that psi setting.

merry Christmas and happy new year to all !

:D;):eek::)