Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

X5 audio

Discussion in 'E53 X5 (2000-2006)' started by Mike88, Aug 7, 2008.

Mike88 guest

the sound in my 2005 X5 is fair at best. Has anyone upgraded their system, and was it worth the money?

Evlengr guest

Yup

I have Upgraded both my X3's and it was well worth the money. I am new to this forum but will post pictures if you are interested.

Currently I have 2 Alpine Amps
    Alpine H/U that ties into steering controls as well as direct iPod interface
    Infinity Reference Class Speakers
    Pioneer 8" subs under front seats

Sounds awesome and bluetooth capable.

Mike88 guest

audio

Thanks for the response

If you dont mind, pictures would be great. and if you could tell me the model Infinity's you got, and if there is a good place to buy them from, that would be great.

I assume there is no special connection harness to hook these up in the door - but maybe there is since i noticed on the BSW site they talk about their plug and play for BMWs, but i think your Infinity's will be more economical

thanks

Evlengr guest

Aduio Update

I am currently using Infinity Kappa 42.7i 4" speakers. However, I am considering replacing them with Alpine SPS-400 4" speakers.

The reason for change is that the Infinity have a tendency to be very bright on certain music, and the Alpines seem smoother in their overall ability to handle my diverse musical taste.

So far the Alpine H/U iDA-X100 has been a great addition because of it's abilty to seamlessly integrate into all of the BMW's systems and more.

I will post some pics later this evening as they reside on my home computer.

Evlengr guest

Current upgrade Pics

Here are pics of my current H/U and the amps I have placed in the hidden compartment in front of the battery area in the trunk.

I have also included the H/U that BMW has as the standard sound (Yipes).

Hope that helps shed some light.