Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Terminal pin removal from fuse block

Discussion in 'E31 (1991-1997)' started by pinkbird, Oct 14, 2023.

pinkbird

I am replacing the terminal block mounted forward of the strut tower on my 1991 E31. How do I remove the wired pins to transfer to the new block?

MGarrison

oooo since at best I could only venture a guess, I'd suggest searching out and hitting up any forums &/or E31 specific groups. Realoem.com may have some generic-kinda pics of wiring harness connectors but they're usually drawings and lack the detail that would be particularly helpful. I'd tend to guess the metal pieces attached to the wires plug into the terminal block but may have side 'tines' splayed-out that are thereby spring-loaded, in a sense, by design, and serve to keep the connector from being able to be backed out, past a certain point in the terminal block opening that opens up further. There's a lot of experience on hand at mye28.com, search that site out to see if someone's done something similar, &/or post a question there too.