Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hello

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by blueray16, Jan 14, 2022.

blueray16

Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member,
    Right off the bat, let me say that I do not own a BMW and, in fact, have never even driven one. But i do respect the brand and especially appreciate the BMW CCA track program, which is why I'm here.
    I've been doing HPDE since 2003, first in my '03 supercharged Mustang Cobra and now, since retired, in my street driven '16 Corvette Z51, M7.
    Although I've met some great Corvette owners at various track events, there isn't a national track program and all the Corvette Clubs I've looked at are only interested in car shows and cruise ins.
    Not what excites me!
    A couple years ago, I participated in a 2 day BMW event at Club Motorsports in New Hampshire and was impressed by the way the event was run and the warm welcome I and my Corvette got from everyone involved.
    This past fall, I spent the day at one of your autocross events as a spectator and had similarly positive impressions.
    I've not been active in track events since Covid began and I want to get back in the game, improve my driving skills and spend quality time with like-minded individuals.

I look forward to meeting some of you at NJMP this spring. I may even take a flyer on an autocross event, which I've never done before.

Twisty roads and green lights,
    Paul D

allisonm Allison

Hi Paul,

Welcome to BMWCCA! Which Chapter did you join? The New Jersey Chapter has two HPDEs planned for NJMP: April 1st-3rd and June 6th-7th. I would be happy to forward the registration details when they are live. As for autocross...I don't have a flyer for you, but I do have seven save-the-dates...

See you around!

-Allison

blueray16

Hi Allison, I'm with the NJ chapter. I live in the Trenton/Princeton area. Will almost certainly make the event in June. April in NJ is a little early for me. I did an event at NJMP years ago in April and temps were in the mid 30's with snow flurries. If it wasn't for my buddies F150 with heated seats, I might have froze to death that day.

I was at the last autocross at bridgewater last year and believe i noticed you as one of the faster participants.
    I'm having some difficulties navigating this forum, so could use some guidance with the registration process till I get it all figured out. Thanx,
    Paul

allisonm Allison

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the NJ Chapter! We are happy to have you. I appreciate your kind words!

We are hoping for warm temps for the April school, but NJ weather is unpredictable as you know. You are welcome to come by and spectate/hang out with heated seats at the ready!

I am happy to help with any registration questions you may have. We also have a chapter specific forum--feel free to introduce yourself on there as well. Here are a couple links to get you started:
    See you around,
    Allison

MGarrison

Welcome Paul! If you're up for a trek with a 'vette tie-in, the Buckeye Chapter announced they'll be doing a driver's school track weekend (aka HPDE) @ the Corvette Museum Track in Bowling Green, Ky June 3-4-5; registration info isn't setup yet, info eventually should be on the buckeye chapter facebook page plus chapter website (www.buckeyebmwcca.org)