Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

M3 VS Deer

Discussion in 'F80 Sedan (2014–)' started by jtlater, Jan 4, 2021.

jtlater

Hi folks, I'm new to the world of BMW as I recently purchased a used (2018) F80 a few weeks ago. I had a couple of really fun drives in the thing then let my son drive it for the first time and - you guessed it - he hit a deer. He's fine, which is more than I can say for the deer (the cops ended its suffering) but the M3 needs some work. Am about to start the new year by interviewing our local body shops, an wondering if our community of BMW experts might have any suggestions for interview questions. My first thought was paint, as in how many coats of paint/clearcoat should be used, but there's also the OEM/new/refurbished parts question. Also, the corner of the hood is bent, and I'm wondering what's the right way to fix an aluminum hood - can it. be re-shaped like steel?
    I sure appreciate any insight to this process, I've already learned a lot from this forum WRT winter tires and about the M3 in general, so thanks for sharing. Hope everybody's year gets off to a great start!

chggm3

Check with your regional/local chapter. They should be able to recommend a few shops. It is two years now, so I will assume all is well.