Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

HELP NEEDED: BMW Advance Car Eye 2.0 in 2016 435i (dash cam)

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by 547017, Jun 19, 2019.

547017 SNC

My NJ based dealer recently installed the BMW Advance Car Eye 2.0 (https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/6606/BMW-ADVANCED-CAR-EYE-2-0/) in my 2016 435i. This was the first install of this product for this dealer and they can't get it to work properly.

The service team says they have checked their work wiring the dashcam twice AND they have been in contact with the BMW accessories and engineering teams. Still, no luck getting it to start recording when the ignition.

Can anyone flag a US dealer who's done this install on a 3 series or 4 series?

Thanks.

charlson89

547017 SNC

Thanks. I’m up to speed on the functions. It actually has a pretty intelligent parking mode. The dealer finally resolved the power issue, but it was my husband who actually got it working. He’s a former Apple Genius and he deployed a component isolation strategy to get the camera working with the app. IMO it looks really good in the car and the image quality is excellent.

I’d recommend only getting it installed by a dealer who has installed a couple of the units. Thankfully, my local dealer didn’t charge me because they didn’t do a good job communication (or understanding) how long the install would take. BMW doesn’t seem to have a good network for helping resolve these issues either. Even the folks in Germany didn’t know which US dealers had already done the install.