Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Anybody receive the $500 reward rebate this year?

Discussion in 'Membership Rewards Rebate' started by acampo, May 30, 2008.

bikeman195

Membership Rewards Experience

I mailed my reward paperwork on July 7, 2009, certified with return receipt. On July 10 I got an email from BMW CCA that it had been received. On July 27 my check arrived.

I'd been prepared to wait 6 - 8 weeks so the quick turnaround was a pleasant surprise.

Jim
    • Staff

executive director

Member Reward

Jim,

Glad you got your check! We are working hard to streamline the process so that BMW NA can cut checks back to our members. Not everyone has been as fortunate but its good to know you got your check.

Frank

office guest

European Delivery Issues

Please know that since the new application has been issued (around the first of March this year), the rules for European Delivery have changed. You now have to turn your paperwork in to us within 60 days of Munich delivery. It used to be that you had 60 days from the day the car was delivered in the US but that has since changed to 60 days from Munich delivery. Once you go to Munich, you have the European Delivery Acceptance receipt and that and the completed application are all you need to submit. Some members have been using old forms or quoting information from Bimmerfest from 2008. Please always use the newest form (again - it has been available since March) and do not look at old postings for your information. These rules are updated each year and they do change. Also, the form is now available almost each month in your Roundel and it always lists the most current terms and conditions. Anyone who is currently on the Bimmerfest forums can feel free to post this but again, we prefer you get your information for this program on the BMW CCA forum, on the official application or by emailing rewards@bmwcca.org. Thanks!

paulyann

Timely reward

Hi all, I mailed my reward paperwork on 6/23/09 and received my $500 check on 7/19/09. No problems and faster than i expected.

mgthompson

Sent in the paperwork on the last week in July, received an email from BMWCCA on August 6, and received the check on August 19. Fast response!

peterpesce

Same here - about 2 weeks from the confirmation email to the check in the mail box!
    Woohoo!:D

ksilprasert guest

I bought my cpo 328xi on 9/12, submitted rebate a week later on 9/16. Got confirmation email on 9/24. Today (11/9 - the date on letter is 11/2 though) I got a letter saying that my dealer entered the vehicle as being retailed to my fiance only. In fact, both of our names are in all document including car registration, insurance, and financing contract. It also states that the document I submitted was buyer's order form and not the official final sales document. So it asks for the "final dealer invoice" and copy of registration card under my name. I don't see any "dealer invoice" or "bill of sale" in all document I got from the dealer.

Can someone make it clear to me what does "final dealer invoice" look like? Is it the same one as long print out (from BMW financing service - Vehicle Retail Installment contract) that shows how much you owe, your monthly payment, interest rate, etc.? I might submitted the wrong document and I really want to kick myself here.

Also, is 60-day deadline applied to this resubmission of missing document?

office guest

Yes, please send in a copy of the Vehicle Retail Installment Contract. Please make sure to include all of it (especially the part where you signed) and you can copy it in parts if necessary.

The 60 day deadline is for the original submission. Extra documents required do not really have a deadline - only the original application must be here withing 60 days.

Thanks,
    Tricia Jones
    BMW CCA
    rewards@bmwcca.org

ksilprasert guest

Wow..very quick response :) Thank you very much. I'll do that.
    I actually emailed the scan of those documents (in pdf format) to rewards@bmwcca.org last night, but I will mail them today as well.

agabriel guest

I got my check in about a month - I followed the directions and they were very easy to work with. I may have sent in more paperwork than what was needed, they sent me an email when they got it all in the mail, and I got the check a few weeks later.

Thanks CCA!

Anthony -

bt328xi

Rewards for 2010

Will the rebates still be in effect next year?

Please advise.

Thanks,

FourPtDrift

Why are the rebates tied to model vs. price?

Hello!

I don't understand the idea of tying the tiers of the rebate program ($500, $1,000 and $,1500) to a model of BMW vs. the price bracket. My new delivered 2010 E92 335i Coupe has a sticker price of around $63,000 (every option plus BMW Performance options) making it quite a price distance from the average 328i sedan and even pricier than a considerable amount of the 5 series product available.

And I don't see this as just an issue for me. An M5 or an M6 is also considerably more expensive than a base 7 series... yet the rebate is less? I think BMW CCA and BMW NA needs to re-think this scale.

What are the thoughts of others?

-Daniel

eam3

I think the rebates may be based on sales performance. 3 series are the most popular so they get the lowest rebates while the 7 series is a slower seller so it gets the bigger rebates. That's how I've always looked at it.
    • Staff

executive director

Rebates

The Member Reward Program is funded by BMW NA and they create the rules and set the funding levels. With over 4000 Member Reward Requests submitted during 2009 this program remains an enormous benefit to our members and the Club.

Frank

FourPtDrift

Rebate matter...

Ed and Frank,

Thank you for your replies.

Ed,

I suppose I can understand the "incentivation" associated with the higher value placed on the "lower volume" selling product, I just don't get how this really holds water as there are fewer M cars produced than NON M cars and the rules specify that an M3 is treated like a 3 series and an M5 is treated like a 5 series (so forth and so on). So, basically, this takes me back to the idea that rebate value should be associated to price tier, and really nothing else - after all, something has to pay for the rebate.

Frank,

If this program is indeed entirely directed by BMW NA, can you please provide me with the appropriate contact information for the individual responsible for this effort? I agree that this program represents a major benefit, I just feel that its current structure may be mired in a bit of an "older" layout with respect to BMW's model range. With 3 series coupes costing between the mid 50's to well over 70G in the case of the M3, relegating the 3 series collectively to a lesser value proposition than the 5 series just doesn't seem equitable. What do you think?

-Daniel
    • Staff

executive director

Member Reward

I think this is sensitive issue. Each year this program is subject to renewal with BMW NA. While we are always happy to pass along the thoughts and comments of our members a conversation of this nature needs to occur through the proper channels.

Frank

BMWCCA1

I think you've gone beyond looking your gift horse in the mouth and you're now sticking your head down its throat.

It's a friggin' gift! You might consider just taking it...and STFU. [IMG]

Zeichen311

I think it will be easier to understand if you stop thinking of it as a "rebate," right now. It's a reward for loyalty to the marque.

This isn't about knocking off a portion of the purchase price to help dealers move inventory. BMW NA has continued this program in good years and bad, regardless of sales volumes, as a "thank you" gift to its most loyal fans. Offering suggestions to improve a gift is a great way not to be given another one.

If next year they decided to base the amounts on paint color instead of Series or price, the polite response would be to say "thank you" and cash the check!

Steven Otto

I bought a CPO 2007 550 in December. Sent in my paperwork on Jan 4th. Got my $500 check in the mail today. Awesome job by BMW NA!!

danengland guest

LOL..sadly I mistakenly let my membership lapse at the end of April and bought a new 335i in May. A painful lesson but I have only myself to blame! But I guarantee I won't let it happen again :)