Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Greetings Z3'ers

Discussion in 'E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)' started by lcjhnsn, May 24, 2008.

lcjhnsn

Greetings, Lance J from Colchester CT

2000 M Roadster
    1 of 19 built in Alpineweiss with Imola Rot top and two tone Imola & Black interior

J B Lansing guest

Hay! My neck of the woods! (relatively speaking)
    Nice car
    J B
    Bridgewater MA

lcjhnsn

Thanks

Where is Bridgewater? East side or West side of the state? If you are on the east side, you might be interested in checking out the German car lawn event at the Larz Andersen Museum of transportation in Brookline this Sunday (Fathers Day)

az3579

Hey Lance,

Know of any good events in CT? The only driving event I've seen our chapter host is the Driver's School at Lime Rock. :(

J B Lansing guest

I'm straight south of Boston about 30 miles. I'm planning to go to the Lars Anderson event Sunday. I've gone there for several European motorcycle shows. It is very nice setting and the museum is very unusual with a big collection of very early European cars.
    J B

az3579

Thought you were in Colchester, CT? That's what your sig says, anyway...

lcjhnsn

Yep, I'm in Colchester CT. But due to the dearth of events in this area, I'm heading to a couple in Mass this weekend.

I was at the CT Valley Chapter Show-n-shine last weekend where the general position of the Chapter was that they wouldn't be doing much other than driving schools this year due to the escalating gas prices. They may consider more meet-n-greet events to minimize the necessary fuel consumption.

In years past they have held a couple TSD rallies, but not in the past year or two. Unfortunately we have one of the largest membership chapters, but only a few regulars are active in planning and executing any events. (I fully admit to being POTP since work and family tie up most of my waking hours).

az3579

Well using gas prices as a means to reduce meets is kind of like saying "I shouldn't bother getting out of bed because I'm going to die sooner or later anyway". Gas prices going up is inevitable and will most likely never go down by any significant amount, so does that mean human socializing within a group of people with similar interests have to die along with the vision of lower gas prices? :(