Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

First Casualty

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2013' started by Hallatauer, Aug 16, 2013.

Hallatauer Can't Drive 55

Drove from Austin TX to Tucson AZ yesterday... all went well. This morning walked out of the hotel and into the car. 99 M3... clutch pedal drops to the floor. Uggh. Waiting for the flatbed to the local dealer.

Told my wife she should fly to a friends place in Mountainview... near Monterey and I'd meet them... but no... she wanred to drive it with me... how sweet.... now she's shooting daggers at me. Sigh

mrsbee guest

Oooo, yuck. I can only imagine the rock gut feeling that must have given you!

My well wishes to you, and I'll make sure when I'm passing through Austin in January to look you up!

It's likely the clutch slave cylinder. About $60 for an aftermarket replacement plus labor.

Just think, you could be between Austin and Tucson with the problem........:)

Diagnosis is the slave cylinder. Tucson BMW waiting on the part. They gave us a loaner car so we could go out and wander while we wait. Very nice.

CRKrieger

Consider yourself lucky; that's almost the cheapest, easiest thing it could be. [The other would be low fluid, but you checked that before you left ...]

charlson89

Thats always when something goes wrong right at the worst time. Best of luck with the rest of the trip and the repair.

If you keep your cars a long time (i.e., time measured in decades), flushing and replacing brake fluid every 5-yrs isn't a bad idea.

This is s track car.. brakes get bled constantly. My other cars once a year but good advice.
    Good news is the repair is done and we hit the road about 4:30... made LA around midnite. Now for 2 days at Disneyland.