Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Whoo Hoo! First Z3 Post Ever!

Discussion in 'E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)' started by cozog, Mar 3, 2008.

330indy1

you have the same name of the audio company founder? well, at least the same initials...

az3579

I don't think JB Lansing is the name of the company; there's JBL and there's Altec Lansing, but a Google for JB Lansing didn't turn up anything useful.

I knew something didn't sound right. lol

45guy guest

Meandering much further off topic-------
    With all due respect to member JBL and his privacy, the J B Lansing to whom you refer is (was) "JBL" and Mr JBL gave his name to Altec/Lansing a long long time ago via a merger. JBL later made his name in amplifier & hi-fi speakers.

Oh God, I'm getting old...
    Ed
    45guy

J B Lansing guest

Sigh.... When I was looking for a handle to use on the internet, I decided on J B Lansing Because: I'm from Lansing Mich. originally; My first name starts with "J"; I was something of an audiophile when the term meant something; I liked JBL equipment.
    You would be surprised how few people recognize the name.
    (Back to the Subject)
    One of the things the tech could do, was plug my vin number into the computer and get the complete service (BMW) record for my car and all the options it was ordered with. A very useful thing, if you have an eight year old car (well my car was built 5/99 so nine years old now)
    J B

royrawson guest

I love RaggTopp...comes in a kit. With a cleaner and a spray for water proofing. Works great!!!
    soft brush for cleaning..good rinses. Wait for the top to dry, and then the spray.

Autohaus guest

I had a 1999 Z3 2.3 for a weekend (It was a rental) back in 2003. Even though it was an automatic, it was a fun car to drive, especially in Southern FL. I put about 300 miles on it :) The top was always down since it didn't even rain at all, and that is hard to come by in the FL climate.........

J B Lansing guest

Z3s and Z4 are very pleasant cars to own and drive. For some reason they have never been very popular. Z4 are being sold new at fire sale prices. They have never really been accepted by the Bimmer faithful. Minis have been even though they are front wheel drive. I guess "cute" wins out over retro.
    J B

330indy1

I kinda like the fact that the z4 was/is not a mass-appeal car.
    ....not too many on the road that way.
    It is the best two seater I have driven with its slight tendency toward oversteer and the ultra-rigid chassis. (the M)

love it

actually it has aged well with time IMO. the faithful after one drive seem to like it.
    unless you refer to the 'agnostic', who may not like it for its looks. ;)
    (which I am guilty of with the 1 series!)

royrawson guest

Actually some of the older models come with a 'manual' drop top. I don't know what year they started the automatic...

J B Lansing guest

I based my comments on observation of the Roundel mag. which almost never mentions the Z3/4s even though Sache evidently got a new Z4 recently (on Sale)
    Minis on the other hand have their own editor/column.
    J B

Teddy guest

I used a product on my Z that was sold by GM for clear plastic windows (it was a super-smooth, liquid polish/cleaner). I would attempt this kind of solution before replacing window. I found the integrity of upper window corners (rag top) to be weak. Teddy