Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Age requirement for events

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2010' started by mdemange, Apr 22, 2010.

mdemange

Can you tell me whether I can register a 17 year old (18 on Sept 18) for the following:
    Autocross
    Driving school

The Windy city BMW club allows 16-18 year olds at autocross events so long as I am present and sign a waiver. I am hopeful that I can do this for the autocross and ideally drivers school at Octoberfest.
    • Staff

steven s

Driving School
    2.5.1 Age of Drivers. Minimum age for drivers in BMW CCA driving schools is eighteen (18) with a full drivers license (not a provisional license or learners permit).

Autocross
    6.5.1 Age of Drivers. Minimum age for drivers in BMW CCA autocross is 16.
    6.5.2 Driver's License. Each driver shall provide proof of a full, unrestricted operator's license that is not suspended or revoked.

CRKrieger

I will strongly suggest the Car Control school for the teenager, if they haven't yet been through a Street Survival school. I rather doubt they'll waive the age requirement for the driver school. OTOH, if you're in the Windy City chapter, why not just sign up for the October OktoberFAST school that Badger Bimmers will host after his/her 18th birthday? Two full days instead of one! ;)

mdemange

Thanks for the responses. My son took the car control clinic last year with Windy City and also took their autocross training school last year. He subsequently autocrossed at least 6 times with Windy city or the Chicago Audi club. We were very excited at the prospect of his first drivers school at Octoberfest (so he could experience all that Octoberfest has to offer). We had assumed that Octoberfest would be held in October (after his September bday). :) It was disappointing to see that Octoberfest became Augustfest. Is their any waivers allowed for the 18 year old requirement for drivers school given the experience level? If not we'll look at Octoberfast or Putnam with Windy City.

mclemens

There are no waivers for under 18 drivers at the driver's school for Oktoberfest.

Mike Clemens
    DE Oktoberfest coordinator