Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

new guy from socal

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by skillr, Apr 21, 2010.

skillr guest

hey every one just recently moved to socal got myself an e36 m3 and here i am now what is this site all about

CRKrieger

Last time I checked, it was all about BMWs and the club dedicated to them. It's also all about communication, which requires the occasional use of capital letters and punctuation.

bcweir

Skillr, not all of us get so uptight about capitalization and punctuation.

While it does create a positive first impression, what's important is that you get your point across.

Welcome!

As CR Krieger said, it's all about the BMW's and the people that love them! Congrats on your E36 M3 purchase! Is it your first BMW? What year and bodystyle is it?

I'm on my second BMW. I have a 1988 BMW 750iL. This car replaces my still dearly missed E21, a 1981 BMW white 5-speed 320i (an ancestor and predecessor of YOUR car, two generations back). My first car was drowned in Hurricane Katrina. I have owned this one since November, 2005.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the funhouse!

I think I'm going to be one of those nitpicking poops who has some concern with structures. Yes, I know E.E. Cummings said,

"who cares about the syntax of things

will never wholly kiss you,"

but I think he had something else in mind than written communication.

Since I spend way too much of my time trying to decipher the mute scribblings of earnest members who really do have something to say, if I can just figure out what the hell it is, I advise clarity. Otherwise, people will just skim across your words and go on to something written in English.