Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

M3 Seeker

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by hotwheels, Jul 14, 2009.

hotwheels

Aloha all,

I was a member in the 80's and now I'm back

Just moved from Hawaii to MD with my 77 Bronco . I do not want to risk getting it mangled on the crazy highways here (no aloha spirit bruddahs). I am looking to buy an M3 convertible in the next few weeks so if anyone has a line on one I'd appreciate a heads-up.

I did try a 2006 330ci today but I think the M3 would be much nicer. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo,

Mick

az3579

You would sacrifice an M3 driving in the highway but not the Bronco? :( :(

granthr

Hey, what is not to love about a 77 Bronco!!!! I wouldn't drive it on a regular basis either. Although gas would be a big factor! :) First gen Broncos are awesome! They are right up there with CJs, Scouts, Willys, etc. :cool:

az3579

I guess I just don't "get" it. lol

03BeastCharmer

Welcome.

What generation M3 are you looking for? Since you looked at a E46 330ci is that the same modle M3 you are looking for?

hotwheels

Still Lookin'

I'm sure you can understand why I would sacrifice my Bronco if you look at this picture. I took this all the way to frame and built it during my time in the military. There is a loong story behind it as it was also buried in hurricane Iwa.

The M3 has a better chance of getting me outta trouble; and is very appealing vehicle (read: sexy). My Bronco will simply destroy any other vehicle it come into contact with.

As for the bimmer, I really like the 2006 body style and E46 engine is suppose to be bomb proof.

az3579

Sentimental value; I get that. Perhaps why I've ignored so many people telling me "you've spent way too much on your first car". lol

I think you'll greatly enjoy the M3 when you finally do find one.

granthr

To me the first gen broncos, CJs, landrover 90s (as in 90 inchs), etc are the last of an era when 4x4 meant something. No frills, metal interiors, flat metal dashes, solid axles, short wheel bases etc. Not practical at all on paved roads, but unstoppable off road and are the real deal. :D

I think you would understand if you rode in one. What I also really like is the simple functional styling, you could almost say very German of them! :D

Hotwheels looks like you have a very nice one! Don't sell it!!!!!