Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

My first autox vids

Discussion in 'Autocross' started by Solidjake, May 24, 2009.

Solidjake guest

CRKrieger

What's with all the blue tape? It's autocross; you aren't following anyone ...

az3579

I think he was just trying to make it more purty. :rolleyes:

SJAE30PLZ guest

wowwww... you were behind a CSL ..oOoooOOoooO <3
    • Staff

steven s

Two year old post.
    I bet he doesn't use blue tape anymore. :)

SJAE30PLZ guest

^hahaha I'd certainly hope not... :p

Satch SoSoCalifortified

We may be getting off the subject, but. . .

Hey, ya mooks, I chuckled at the guys anointing they autocross cars with blue tape, too. . .

. . . until I realized that after the dance THEY probably weren't the ones on their hands and knees using Krud Kutter to get the cone marks off. . . :eek:

CRKrieger

If you're really good at it, there ain't enough tape. ;)

I remember running my old white '86 Quattro at Road America when we were running the 'string line' schools. We had three cones about a half a car width in from the edge on the exit of Turn Six. I was taking another instructor (my dear departed friend, Jon) on a ride during an instructor session and, well, you know how you get to talkin' and the speed inadvertently goes up. Six is pretty much my favorite turn out there (See photo to your left.) and I came up out of Five just like always and 'brushed' the brakes under the bridge just like always. About the time I got to the apex, I remembered those cones and 'tweaked' my line the teensiest little bit. Of course, at that speed, it didn't so much change the line as rotate the car. Jon was laughing his a** off as we took out those three cones - with the right rear door. I never did get some of those scuff marks off ...