Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Help My Car Died

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by PJCAR335I, Nov 29, 2008.

PJCAR335I guest

I have a 2008 335I coupe it has 2300 miles on it and today the car stopped and will not run and the engine light comes on.

I start it again and it just stops I know I need to take it in but anyone have this trouble with such a new car.

I am a little disappointed about this.

Thanks any info would be appreciated.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Well it is under warranty, right? Take it in. If it does try to fire when you start it, but then dies immediately, I would suspect that the intake boot has come off or something like that. I suggest you open the hood and poke around to see if everything is connected.

PJCAR335I guest

Thanks

Thanks I think it is the Fuel Pump it seems to happen all the time from what I have read.

I took it in it is the Fuel Pump.

alekseykorzun guest

If you just turn your key a bit and turn on light/blast stereo does your dashboard lights dim? If so replace your battery. Winter kills batteries.

Check your starter and relays.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Good general advice but he has a 2008, so that battery is very new. Also, I got from the message that the car was running then died. It restarts then dies, so it is definitely not the battery.

chicane

I believe you are still very much under warranty. Have the BMW dealer pick your car up, fix it and don't worry about it.