Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Correct replacement to fix M5 radio issue?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by rdspear, Sep 9, 2008.

rdspear

I have Service Measure B65 209 04 which identifies the problem with the BM53 radio, nav, and DSP interfering with each other. (Radio Service Measure)

Unfortunately, the listed replacement radio module - 65 12 4 135 562 - doesn't seem to be active anywhere. My dealer has given me two or three different part numbers, some radios, some not, and none match the P/N that others have given me that fixed the problem for them.

Anyone know the right part number? I have 65 12 6 988 276. The dealer's latest try is 65 12 6 902 718. I see that part number, but it's listed as discontinued in 2001 from my (non-BMW) source.

herrubermensch guest

Check out www.bimmernav.com. They sell the most up to date radio if you are going to replace the old one.

rdspear

Thanks. I did manage to run across them when doing more research. I also found a dealer on one of the forums that can give a slightly cheaper price to forum members. I'll just assume that the latest BM53 radio (275 - new/276 - reman) will work and give it a try.