Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

9th Annual Patroon Chapter Concours d'Elegance

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Region' started by TeamStowell, Mar 23, 2009.

TeamStowell We love driving!

tour

I believe it is just shy of a couple hours for each one. There is a chance the two may cross at one point, and boy won't that be a sight!

lcjhnsn

Sorry guys after checking the distance, I can't justify joining the morning caravan.

Colchester CT to Beacon NY = 117 mi ~2 hrs
    Beacon NY to Keeler = 102 mi
    Total 219 mi

Colchester CT to Keeler = 144 mi

For me to meet you guys I'd have to leave home around 4:30, other wise I can leave at a more reasonable 6:00.

It will have to suffice that we meet for the show and the "Rally".

Autohaus guest

I'll give you plenty of Coors Light I have left over from a family party I had last weekend :cool: IF you can make the trip!

BTW, I degreased the engine compartments on all three cars and washed them. I'll skip on the wax :eek:

lcjhnsn

ok, I'm looking for some insider information

would my car be a good fit in the Modified/Tuner category? I have some extra plumbing under the hood, aftermarket exhaust & wheels and some other subtle modifications, but I'm not covered in faux ground effect bodywork or other typical Tuner garb.

Or should I just enter the Z category?

Check out the competition the morning of.... if the guys from NYC are there, go Z super clean or overall concours. If not, tuner...

az3579

Darn. And here I am thinking washing the car and cleaning the wheels and windows was a hard task; it took me over 2.5 hours just to wash the outside, do the windows, and clean the basketweaves. And, that's not counting the interior, all in the last couple of hours after my autocross today.

And CHRIS, YOU STILL OWE ME A DETAIL! I have NO wax on the car right now... :mad:

srobmw guest

He sounds pissed, Chis. Better get on that detailing.:mad:

Autohaus guest

If the water beads on the paint then you still have some wax. I probably won't wax mine as I'll enter it as just for show, however, having almost 2 hours to kill before the judging starts will tempt me to go all out and detail the crap outta it and enter it as a clean car.

srobmw guest

......................Or you can do mine instead.:D

az3579

Heck no, age takes priority. Mine's 23 years old. :rolleyes:

srobmw guest

I know a newer 3er that is going to be available in several weeks.;)

Autohaus guest

So much anger young Anikan Skywalker (Botond) haz. He should be the happiest person on Earth knowing that one day he will have a 240hp engine powering his E30 :rolleyes:

Lance, you should enter your Z in the highly modified/tuner catergory. Your Z will win hands down, unless someone pulls up in a super AND turbocharged 2009 Z4 sDrive35i :D.

Steve, every time I see your 335i, its always clean. You can assit Botond in waxing!

lcjhnsn

yeah, but you're only 19. Maybe the deciiding factor should be the sum of the car's age + owner's age? I'd be 57!

Hey, will anybody have a hand-vac that I can borrow Saturday morning?

and... are roadsters/convertibles judged with top up or down or both? The promised example scoring sheet still isn't available on the Patroon website.

Autohaus guest

I might borrow one from my mechanic so you may use it.

Scott, you are slacking off!!!

az3579

Wrong!

I'm 20. :p

And besides, I don't know how to do it it anyway. :(

I'll contact the webmeister (webmonster?) about that.

Convertibles will be judged tops up I believe, but I am no longer in charge of judging.

Saturday is going to be a blast... the Keeler Smart dealership is having a live band that day!!!

lcjhnsn

Can we test drive some Smarts in between judging? Perhaps an impromptu Smart autocross?

I may be screwed whichever category I enter. If I go Tuner and Angel from the CVC shows up with her 6 TV M3, or someone like her, I won't stand a chance. But if I enter the Z category, I'll lose points for the miscellaneous non-OE parts. Hmmmmm, maybe I'll try Dirty Dog [IMG]

az3579

Don't bother. If that guy with his track rat M3 shows up again, he'll have us both beat. :rolleyes:

... unless you feel like rallying your Z3 w/ supercharger.
    Nope, didn't think so.

Don't worry about aftermarket parts.... the non-concours categories are treated as a show and shine. If it's clean you get full points. No Q-tips at this event - I would have them up my nose and in my ears before I hit the first car!!!

Autohaus guest

I though about entering as a Dirty Dog but yeah, that M3 would win again if it shows up.