Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

German Motorfest at Saratoga Auto Museum (NY)

Discussion in 'Concours & Show/Shine' started by TeamStowell, Jun 8, 2008.

TeamStowell We love driving!

On June 28th, the local Mercedes Benz club is hosting a German auto show on the museum grounds. Located in a lush victorian era park, they have invited all the other german marques to enter and show their vehicles.... everyone but BMW! How can you invite the VW folks and leave us out?!? We'll fix them.

It is the mission of the Patroon Chapter to show up with soooo many bimmers that they forgot who was hosting the event. Help us out, take a nice drive to this upstate resort and let's bury them in rondels!

There will be a $15 registration fee which you can pay at

http://www.saratogaautomuseum.org/shop_products.php?CatID=6

and I will find out what time we will be allowed to invade the park.

lcjhnsn

Scott, I'm planning on coming up for this one

That is wonderful! If your Dad has not seen the NY state racing items at the museum, he should make the trip someday. Currently the main exhibit is GTO's with NY racing items on the second story.

We have an 850, an Mroadster, our 635 and M3, a 535, and a couple of newer creatures lined up so far, so there will be a nice variety to represent BMW.

Anyone out there from the Green Mountain chapter want to come over for some socializing?

az3579

If I could get a new GPS by then, I'll be making my way up there. What arrival time are we looking at?

Autohaus guest

I will be arriving at least 2 hours beforehand (whenever Scott lets us know). I figure I will need to find a carwash to remove all the "highway" bugs from the front of the car....

The events usually start around 8:00AM but I will get the information from the museum this week and let you know.

Autohaus guest

Hey Scott, we plan on making this trip next Saturday the 28th. Will we all be going out to eat later?

az3579

If we are I hope it's gonna be a cheap place. :)

We usually head out to a family friendly pub for a cheap lunch after Saratoga events. Lots of choices from pizza to sandwiches and the beer is plentiful and cold.

http://www.saratoga.org/publikhouse/

lcjhnsn

Hopefully the rain will go away by Saturday

Gatsby740iL guest

Hey Scott,
    I've missed the last few.. (and have a work-related trip again scheduled for the weekend) but I will do some fanangling and see if I can be there! Sounds like a good time..

Hopefully I'll see you this weekend.

-Michael
    (Gatsby740iL) :cool:

Get that bad girl shined up and up to 'Toga. We can fit all kinds of people in it when it starts to rain... we can probably fit Lance's MRoadster in the trunk!!

az3579

So what time we gonna kick this thing off? (Translation: how early do I have to get my butt out of bed? :))

You said 08:00 but you didn't say if that was confirmed. Any news?

OK... official meeting time for Patroonies is at 8:30am in the auto museum parking lot, but we will save room for others who may come later in the day. The start time is 9:00 and the cost is $15 prior to Saturday and $20 day of event. Since we haven't been through this event previously, I do not know what we get for the entry fee. For $20 we should get a Smart.

Let's have some fun!
    :p

az3579

It looks like a good chance of rain on Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, and some other days next week. Is this mainly an outside event? Any word on whether it's still on?

The weatherman reported that there is a 40% chance of showers Saturday later in the afternoon and through the evening, so things are still looking good for the bulk of the show.

I don't have any information of rain dates. The show will be outside on the grounds of the auto museum, and there is a Jazz festival at SPAC which will serve as lovely background music. If you or your sig other is interested in antiques, there is a huge outdoor show 5 miles south of Saratoga in Round Lake.... worth the stop if you are looking for anything special.

The chapter will provide coffee and donuts in the morning, and lunch costs will be the responsibility of the participants.

Autohaus guest

Looks like we will be going to this one. Will you have all three of your beauty's on the lawn Scott? This time Carol and I will bring our other "poor mans BMW, the E39 525i". At least I get great gas mileage with the 5-speed :). AZ3579, what roads are you going to take? We should meet up so we can have our own rally drive to the museum....I believe we will be leaving our house around 5:30-6am......

We're taking the 635 Euro... it's only fitting the car that was driven in Germany gets to go to the show!

I made quick run up the Taconic on Tuesday from Mahopac... lots of Troopers parked along the way. I love driving that road and take it anytime I get a chance.

Call us at 518-899-5940 if you need anything.

az3579

How close are you to the museum? I could meet you at your house if you want. If you want to meet up somewhere else, then PM me an address so my new travel assistant, Sheila (a Garmin Nuvi 205W), could guide me there. ;)

I live in Bridgeport, CT, so be sure to tell me what time I should leave.

Autohaus guest

I am about 2 hours and 124 miles south of the museum. If we would be leaving around 6am from my house, then you would have to leave your house around 4:30-5am! I am at 12 North Brett Street in Beacon, NY 12508. I trust all my fellow club members by giving personal info! Hey, if Scott gave his number out here, no problem with that....We would be taking the NYS Thruway north all the way......