Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Beefing up a 1984 533i

Discussion in 'E28 (1982-1988)' started by hbrown1063, Nov 5, 2013.

hbrown1063

Hello to all. I have a wonderful 1984 533i that I have slowly improved over the years, and now I would like to try to beef it up a bit. I would swear that somewhere in one of the boxes in my garage, there is a Roundel from, I believe, the late 1980s or early 1990s, that had an article about one guy who made some modifications to his 533i to improve engine performance and output (and maybe handling). But I can't find it. If anyone can ID the Roundel edition, I understand the Foundation can get me a copy of the article. Or if you have a copy of that Roundel, please email me at hbrown1063@aol.com and I'll be happy to pay for a fax or a copy or whatever. Also, if you don't know of that Roundel article but have any other articles specifically about improving the output of that era 533, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks very much.

charlson89

Welcome to the club and forums and for hp gains it depends on how much you wanna gain.

CRKrieger

Not to demean the knowledge base here, but there's lots more of what you want to know over in www.MyE28.com.