Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Savvy mechanic for E30/1992 325ic - in southern Westchester/Fairfield Counties?

Discussion in 'New York Chapter' started by rhroutjr, Jul 21, 2023.

rhroutjr

Hi all -- Any Euromeccanica "alumni" out there? Have you found a new place to go with someone who is even a fraction as knowledgeable as Mike?

Ever since he retired and closed Euromeccanica (in Mt. Vernon, NY) I have been trying to find a mechanic who, like Mike, will appreciate my interest in keeping an older car (E30 1992 325ic) on the road and is highly knowledgeable about their various age-related issues. You know: the flickering brake lining light, the central locking issues, the SI board-related stuff, etc. Really hope to avoid paying a well-intentioned mechanic to do hours of diagnostic work searching for the root cause of a problem that an experienced E30 tech already knows how to fix.

I live in the Westchester (NY) / Fairfield (CT) county shoreline corridor and would very much appreciate your recommendations of someone who can continue the wonderful work Mike did in keeping the car reliably roadworthy for the past decades! Thanks in advance!
    Rob R.

rhroutjr

Honest question: Is asking for recommendations a bit like asking someone to reveal their favorite fishing holes? Judging by the paucity of replies to my and others' requests for recommendations, I'm starting to think maybe it it? :)
    Rob

MGarrison

Hey Rob surely not it's just these national forums are sparsely trafficked - best bet for local info like that is to try local club sources - if your chapter has a facebook page for posts, possibly their own message forums, or you can email your chapter contacts and see if they have anyone they could refer you to further or have some ideas themselves. The big BMW-centric forums might have regional sub-topics for shop referrals - bimmerforums, bimmerfest, bimmerpost, etc.

https://www.bmwcca.org/forum/index.php?threads/looking-for-a-repair-shop-start-here.10432/

MGarrison

there are other sites too useful for older BMW's and E30's - mye28.com is 5er-specific, but with era-crossover issues can be useful for searching issues you have, and r3vlimited - since E30's have been around forever and a day now, it might take some patience and searching, but it would seem the vast majority of issues have had some posts, discusssions, and resolutions on the 'net or youtube put out there - digging them up though might take varieties of searching, different keywords, descriptions, etc.