Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Z4M Headlights?

Discussion in 'E85/E86 Z4 M roadster/coupe (2006-2008)' started by Skikodiak, Sep 21, 2008.

Skikodiak

Hi, I'm looking at upgrading my Z3 2.8 to a 2006 or 2007 M Roadster, which would be my fifth BMW. I looked at one yesterday and am trying to figure out if the salesman was not all there or not. I know the lights are HID and self leveling. It seems they are a bi-xenon with the ouside lens being the headlights. They have an angel eye ring when they are on. The turn signal ambers are below the head light. There is, what appears to be, an inside lens next the the headlight with an angel eye that appear to have no function. Is this true? Someone please tell me everything I ever wanted to know about these headlights.... Thanks, Mike

330indy1

the halos on the inside lens....

is the only working function, typically activated as a daytime running light.
    they are 'dummy lights'
    the outside lights function as you indicate above, dual mode xenon...

Skikodiak

Thank!

Thanks for your input.... Now to find a use for that area... Stealth radar/laser sensor.... Hmmmm. Thanks again, Mike

330indy1

the z4 headlights

they look like they're a bear to remove. a bulb replacement is a visit to the dealer IMO.:eek: