Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Z4 M Electric Seats

Discussion in 'E85/E86 Z4 M roadster/coupe (2006-2008)' started by m31947, Dec 29, 2009.

m31947 guest

I just traded in my 04 M3 on a very nice Z4 M and noticed that the outside wings on the seats are squeezed in as the seat back is placed in a more vertical position. Then you can lower the seat back on the seats and it relaxes the wings. If this is standard, is it possible to change, because it squeezes to much when nearly vertical.

epbrown01

That's not standard. As far as I know, it wasn't optional either.

m31947 guest

Thanks, Ed. I know the service manager at Austin BMW very well so I will call and ask him about the situation. Maybe they can install a separate switch to make it work correctly.
    Lewis

epbrown01

I don't think there's anything they can do - unlike the E60 M5 seats, the side bolsters are fixed and non-adjustable. I suspect you're just feeling the difference in angle, rather than the bolsters themselves moving, because the M Sports seats are just so darn narrow.

m31947 guest

Thanks,

Since I have only driven the car only 2 times since I purchased it, you are probably totally correct. It has been snowing and sleeting this week and have not had an opportunity to drive it. I will go and set in the car and try the seat again.
    Best Regards,
    Lewis

Satch SoSoCalifortified

What is this strange weather of which you speak?!

Snowing?

Sleeting?

Ah, yes. . . I THINK I remember. . .

W H A H !! :D

(Okay, I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it. And anyway, it DOES look like rain today, so I'll shut up now.)