Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Z3 tires

Discussion in 'E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)' started by barry1230, Apr 16, 2010.

barry1230 guest

I'm looking for recommendations for tires on my 2000 Z3 2.3 (225/50 ZR16). I am considering going to All Season Michelin Pilots. Any thoughts?
    • Staff

steven s

Do you drive the car in all seasons or is it primarily a summer car?

bcweir

BMWtoyz guest

Need more information, what seasons do you drive in, do you drive the car hard (Like to corner, etc...of course you do!), does the car get parked in the winter months, etc.? I use either Discount Tire or the Tire Rack for all my tire needs. I use only performance tires as I never drive the car in the winter.

ZMCoupe guest

Mich's or Conti's

I was in the same dilema and went with the Conti DWS. Really glad I did they are fantastic tires with excellent grip, cornering, water displacement, and look great too. The Conti's are near half the price and for the quality you cant beat the deal. I have only had them on for 4 months and approx 1200 miles so havent really seen tread wear.

barry1230 guest

This is barry1230

For those of you who asked: I drive the car year-round, but seldom in snow as it is not my primary driver. As for driving habits, I not overly aggressive, if that's a characteristic. Hope that helps. Since I bought the car used, does anyone know what the original tires were?

bcweir

Mugwumpus

I have the Sumitomo HTR ZIII (tirerack.com) on my '99 M Roadster and am very happy with the performance, low road noise, and value. As they are primarily Summer tires you may want to consider a spare set of Winter wheels & tires if you drive year-round, which I do not.

Originals on the vehicle were Dunlop SP Sports, for what it's worth.

Regards,
    Jeff

willconltd guest

They also offered 17 inch sport wheels with 225/45 R17 tires.

41 MM offset on the Non-M